I’m so excited to bring you these little cookie treats today! They took hardly no time at all to make, and they are so kid-friendly! Plus you don’t have to worry about baking multiple batches. I made them on Tuesday afternoon, and my kids were so excited when they got home from school!
My kids only have 1 week left until spring break. I guess I need to start planning some things for us to do…
I have found getting out of the house and going to do something to be the key to my sanity when all 4 kids are at home…but then there’s that whole part about getting out of the house with all 4 kids…sometimes that just isn’t easy. It IS getting easier though as the baby and my 3 year old get older.
Until then, my older two kids have field trips. My first grader has one today at a local state park, which he loves to visit. They are having an egg hunt, and I hid some good stuff inside his eggs…a little candy, some mini-bubbles, a stretchy bunny, and of course, a dollar!
So I hope these cookies make their way into your kitchen for the Easter season or just because!!
- 1 stick buter
- 1¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup rice cereal
- Optional: Candy coated chocolates (I used coconut-flavored M&M's)
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and milk and stir until combined. Let it come to a boil. Keep stirring for about a minute. Lower heat a little and add Nutella and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat and add in oatmeal and rice cereal stirring well to coat.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Flatten a little with the back of the spoon and rest some candies on the top.
- Allow to set for an hour or two.
Other recipes you might like:
Connect with Jaren: