I am excited to share this recipe with you guys today. It is a favorite in our family. They are actually what we refer to as “Patrick’s Blonde Brownies.” Patrick is my brother-in-law, who by the way is such a great guy, and these are his favorite. My sister makes them for him all the time.
They are so wonderful and almost have a praline flavor to them. It has got to be the whole box of brown sugar in there:)
I made them the other day for a school fundraiser. I packaged them up in some clear bags, and I sealed them closed with a little label I made. It was definitely one of the easiest treats I’ve made for the school yet!
No matter which piece you prefer, a crunchy edge or a gooey center, they are all just wonderful. You will have trouble eating only one. Make sure you have milk too because you will surely need a tall glass to serve with these babies!
- 1 lb. box light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 bag chopped pecans (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in egg and beat until combined again
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt mixing well.
- Add vanilla and pecans and mix again.
- Spread into a 13 x 9 baking dish or pan. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Top will be slightly cracked. We usually slightly under bake them.
Other recipes you may like:
Connect with Jaren: