Easter Peeps Dirt Pudding Cups – A fun Easter treat using the classic dirt pudding recipe makes a perfect dessert for your family this Easter.
Oh how I love these Easter Peeps Dirt Pudding Cups! Let me just say that they were devoured at my house like no dessert ever before. I mean I’ve made dirt pudding for them before, but I think the Peeps and the chocolate eggs sealed the deal! I have a feeling I’ll be making another batch of these before Easter. If you have little ones around, you must make this for them!
This is a traditional dirt pudding recipe which uses cream cheese, and it’s the only way to go in my opinion! Here are my favorite ways to make these:
- mason jars
- mini trifle dishes
- regular trifle dish
- clear plastic cups – makes it really easy on the clean up!
What do you need to make these Easter Peeps Dirt Pudding Cups?
- Oreos – Regular 14 oz package
- instant vanilla pudding
- cool whip
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- Blue and pink food coloring
- Toppings: 1 cup coconut, green food coloring, chocolate eggs with candy shell, Easter Chick Peeps
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1 14 oz package of Oreos
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Blue and pink food coloring
- Topping: 1 cup coconut, green food coloring, chocolate eggs with candy shell, Easter Chick Peeps
- Crush Oreos in a food processor. (This can also be done by putting them in a plastic storage bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or canned good).
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mixes and milk for about 30 seconds. Set aside to thicken while you make the cream cheese mixture.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add and beat in powdered sugar.
- By this point, pudding should be thickened. Whisk it a little more to combine thoroughly. Whisk in cool whip into pudding.
- Pour pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture in half. Using a few drops of food coloring for each, dye one blue and the other pink. Stir until color is completely mixed in, adding more dye if necessary..
- Begin layering in small jars or mini trifle dishes: 1-2 tbsp crushed Oreos, 2 tbsp blue pudding, 1-2 tbsp Oreos, 2 tbsp pink pudding, 1-2 tbsp crushed Oreos, 1 tbsp blue pudding, 1 tbsp crushed Oreos.
- Place coconut in a small plastic storage bag. Place a few drops of green food coloring into the coconut. Seal bag while letting air out. Begin moving and mixing coconut around in bag to dye the coconut green.
- Place coconut onto top layer of Oreos.
- Place a few candy eggs onto coconut.
- Finish off with a Peep Easter Chick.
- Repeat with remaining jars.
This can also be made using a large trifle dish or a small punch bowl. Start and end with crushed oreos as you layer. You will end up with 4 layers of pudding mixture and five layers of oreos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!