One-Pot Cabbage Casserole – An easier version than cabbage rolls…skip all the work and make it in one pot!
Are you a cabbage fan? Some are and some aren’t. My husband and I love cabbage, and we love this recipe for One-Pot Cabbage Casserole that both he and I grew up having. It’s filled with ground beef, rice, tomatoes, cheese, and of course, cabbage. It’s super easy for any night of the week and just as special for a Sunday dinner. Plus, it is cooked up all in one pot with no need to bake it in the oven.
Now as far as cabbage goes, I’m still working on my kids. Yes, I had to take out the cabbage for them to eat it, but I got really good reviews from them once I did this…we are taking baby steps around here.
So I’m hoping you have some cabbage fans in your house and you’ll give this one a try! You’ll love it!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 large handfuls of roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water (I just use the tomato sauce can twice)
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- Add ground beef to large sauce pan (lid will be needed). Season ground beef with about 1 tsp of creole seasoning and brown ground beef. Add onions to cook while beef browns. Cook until onions are mostly clear. Drain off grease.
- Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce cans) and diced tomatoes. Stir.
- Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft. Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
- Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.
You can use a can of Rotel instead of diced tomatoes if you prefer spicy food.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Circulon Radiance Deep Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Hard Anodized Skillet with Lid - 12 Inch, Gray
Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Quart Covered Oval Pasta Pot with Pour Spout, Gray with Orange Handles
Paula Deen 16992 Riverbend Nonstick Chicken Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Side Handles - 12.5 Inch, Red
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 1032mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g
Other recipes you may like:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!