Today I’m sharing one of my favorite comfort foods with you and in celebration of my 2 Year Blog Birthday, I’ve teamed up with several other bloggers to give you a chance to win $500!!
I’ve saved one of my favorite recipes for this month to help ring in my 2nd Blog Birthday! I started this blog right after I stopped teaching 2 years ago. It was bittersweet. I needed a major change in my life, and I wanted to be more present at home with my children. I took a huge leap of faith and started working with my husband. It was a pretty easy job at the family business. I had some free time while at work (something I NEVER had before), so I decided to start blogging about what I was cooking. I’ve always loved sharing recipes long before I even knew what a blog was.
This blog has evolved so much. I’ve “met” SO MANY wonderful friends through this blogging journey. I find it so cool that I can network and have funny conversations with people all over the country. I hope to meet many of them in person one day.
I’ve also gotten to know some of my fabulous readers! I love getting to know what you like to cook, and I enjoy learning from you as well!
So to celebrate, I’ve teamed up with some other fantastic bloggers, who are also celebrating blogging birthdays, to give you a chance to win some cold hard CASH!!
All of these great bloggers definitely have a reason to celebrate! It’s time to mark another year of blogging for these lovely ladies. We thought it would be fun to celebrate these wonderful blogs by giving you a chance to win some cash!! The lucky winner will get their choice of $500 Paypal Cash or a $500 Amazon Gift Card!!
Don’t forget to check out my friends, who are our awesome sponsors!!
So I chose to hold off on sharing this recipe for today because don’t you love to have your favorite food on your birthday? It’s so easy and packed with comforting flavor without having to wait all day for it. I first learned to make it from Rachael Ray ( she was and still is one of my cooking heroes) back when I was first married. Over the years, I’ve tweaked it and made it perfect for our family.
I really hope you give it a try. Your family will LOVE it too! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway too!!
I wish you all good luck! Don’t forget you could also win an at home pizza kit too!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2½ tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups bisquick
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Season chicken with 1½ tsp creole seasoning.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and the bay leaf. Season with 1 tsp of creole seasoning. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add cut up and seasoned chicken. Bring back up to a simmering boil and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick.
- While chicken is cooking, make the dumplings by mixing together the bisquik, milk, and parsley.
- Add peas to the mixture and stir.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dumpling mixture into pot. Do not stir. Place lid on pot. Reduce heat to medium low. Allow it to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. Soup will thicken.
- Once finished cooking, turn off heat, gently stir and serve.
Other recipes you may like: