Hey everyone! I made you pie! And it was the easiest pie I’ve ever made! Seriously! If you are in a hurry and need a quick dessert, well then look no further. It’s got three layers of happiness: mocha, chocolate pudding, and chocolate whipped cream!
It’s perfect for those who love a darker chocolate flavor too. I used some instant expresso powder to add in the mocha flavor. I found this at my grocery store in the coffee section. And if you don’t like a coffee flavor, you could totally leave it out!
And if your family is like mine, then it is a given that at least one person must make a pie for Thanksgiving. And my family usually leans towards chocolate. And if your family is like mine, this isn’t the only dessert that day. We usually have about 3 or 4 of them! It’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving….all the desserts!
Hope you give this one a try, plus I have some other great ones below!
- 1 premade Oreo pie crust
- 4 bittersweet chocolate squares (1 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp instant expresso powder
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 Oreos, finely crushed (optional)
- Pour pudding mix into a bowl. Add milk and stir with a whisk for about 30 seconds or until combined. Let sit to thicken while you make the rest of the pie. Stir again once thickened.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate squares in 30 second intervals, stirring between each.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir in expresso powder (see note) and sweetened condensed milk. Pour into crust and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Spoon about 1½ cups chocolate pudding mixture on top of pecans and spread out.
- Mix remaining pudding with half of the Cool Whip. Spread on top of regular pudding mixture on pie.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle pie with some finely crushed Oreos, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Looking for other chocolate pie ideas?
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!