Fudge Pecan Pie – It’s a chocolate lover’s delight with a delicious fudge filling. It makes a perfect make ahead dessert!
If you love fudge, then you will absolutely adore this dessert.
It would be perfect for your holiday menu this year!
It is not the kind of pie you need to bake at the last minute either. You need to make it the day before and give it time to chill…which to me is perfect for the holidays. This recipe comes from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade magazine from 2010. Her recipes are always quick and easy!
It calls for a refrigerated pie crust, which is what I used and was perfect. However, if you are all about making a homemade crust, go right on ahead. I’m sure it would be awesome too!
Fudge Pecan Pie
- 1/2 (15 oz.) packaged refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 12 oz. package of chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tsp instant expresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: whipped cream (I made my own with 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch pie plate. Crimp edges.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each.
- In a large bowl, cream butter using a mixer.
- Add brown sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each one.
- Add melted chocolate, coffee, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Stir in flour and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand to cool for 2 hours. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Looking for other chocolate pie ideas?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica @FoodLuvBites says
This looks really good and I mean really good. But def one of those with moderation pies. Thanks for sharing.
Couscous & Consciousness says
Had me at fudge!! This pie looks wonderful, and I love that this is a make-ahead dish – perfect for easy holiday entertaining.
Terry Duncan says
Sounds wonderful, must have some!
I agree–gotta love a make ahead for the holidays. Anything with pecans has my attention. And, of course, chocolate. Thank you for linking again this week!
Your pie was the most-viewed link last week! It will be featured when this week’s See Ya in the Gumbo party goes live tonight. Also tonight…I’m making your Skillet Covered Burritos. I can’t wait!
Alright!! That’s awesome! Love the link-ups!
Andi Gleeson says
That looks so good I wish I could take a bite! I bet a small piece of this goes a long way since it looks so rich. Thanks for sharing this tasty pie with us at Saturday Night Fever!
Jaren, your pecan pie looks scrumptious. I found you via Michelle at Ms En Place – I got to the party late and will have to wait til next time to link in. I am now following you via GFC. Cheers from Carole of Carole’s Chatter
Fantastic looking pie!!
My family loves pecans and together with chocolate = perfect!