Fudge Pecan Pie – It’s a chocolate lover’s delight with a delicious fudge filling. It makes a perfect make ahead dessert!
- 1/2 (15 oz.) packaged refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 12 oz. package of chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tsp instant expresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: whipped cream (I made my own with 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch pie plate. Crimp edges.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each.
- In a large bowl, cream butter using a mixer.
- Add brown sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each one.
- Add melted chocolate, coffee, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Stir in flour and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand to cool for 2 hours. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
Looking for other chocolate pie ideas?