Ultimate Shrimp Tacos – Seasoned shrimp sauteed with peppers, and onions wrapped in a tortilla and topped with pico de gallo, cilantro dip, cheese, and napa cabbage.
These Ultimate Shrimp Tacos are perfect summer comfort food! They smell amazing and taste delicious! I can’t wait for you guys to give these a try!
This is a really quick meal to prepare too! They start out with a tasty marinade for the shrimp that combines grill seasoning, lime juice, pickled jalapenos and juice, and a little olive oil. Then the shrimp are sauteed with peppers, and did I mention how wonderful this smells?
I like to buy the uncooked tortillas and heat them up real quick while the shrimp cooks. Then I just top each taco with all kinds of goodies like pico de gallo, shredded cheese, cilantro dip, sour cream, guacamole, and napa cabbage.
What do you need to make these Ultimate Shrimp Tacos?
- medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
I like to buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined to make my life easier.
- red, yellow, orange bell peppers
You can usually buy these in a trio together. You can use a green bell pepper too.
- red onion
You can use a white onion too.
- spices: montreal steak seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, creole seasoning
- jarred jalapenos with juice
- olive oil
- shredded cheese
I like to use shredded Colby Jack
- cilantro dip
Yes, you want to make this!! I promise!! It’s great with chips too!!! You will basically want to put it on everything!
- pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno)
- napa cabbage
- sour cream
Will this recipe work with grilled chicken instead of shrimp?
- Yes, it sure will! I would use about three chicken breasts.
- 2 lbs. medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp jarred sliced jalapenos
- 1 tbsp jarred jalapeno juice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup cilantro dip (See recipe link)
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeno
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Place shrimp in a gallon sized storage bag. Add creole seasoning, Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil, jalapenos, and jalapeno juice. Seal the bag and toss it around to evenly coat the shrimp. Set aside.
- Slice bell peppers and red onion.
- In a large 12 in skillet (I used a cast iron), add 3 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter and heat over medium heat. Add sliced peppers and sliced red onion. Saute until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the tacos: Top each tortilla with shrimp and pepper mixture, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, cilantro dip, and napa cabbage.
For pico de gallo: Mix together diced roma tomatoes, diced red onion, cilantro, and diced jalapeno. Add about 1 tsp lime juice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might like:
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Easy Blender Salsa Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers
- Cilantro Dip
- Smoked Chili Con Queso Dip