Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers – Grilled chicken breasts marinated in a delicious cilantro and lime sauce make a great grilling recipe to try soon!
We are all about grilling around here lately! We’ll take any excuse to be by the new pool! It just seems to be the easiest idea, and certainly minimizes kitchen clean up time. That’s a huge plus. This Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers recipe is certainly one you want to add to your summer cooking list. This marinade is amazing because it tenderizes the chicken and has such a bright, fresh flavor!
You can start this recipe off in the morning if you’d like too! Make your marinade, throw in the chicken, and set it in the fridge until you are ready to cook. Dinner prep is done!
Tips for Making Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers:
- Buy the chicken already cut up if you can, and this can really save some time in the kitchen!
- Skip the kabobs, and just marinate whole chicken breasts to save time too!
- These would be excellent for fajitas!!
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes. We bought a set of metal skewers that work perfectly.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- juice of 2 limes (1/4 cup)
- juice of 1 navel orange (1/8 cup)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 to 5 skewers
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes for skewers.
- For marinade, add remaining ingredients to a gallon-size storage bag. Add chicken to marinade, seal bag while letting out air. Mix chicken with marinade until thoroughly coated. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on skewers. (Metal skewers work best).
- Cook over medium to medium-high grill for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Great recipes to serve along side these Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers:
Other Recipes You Might Like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!