Cilantro Dip – A spicy sauce filled with cilantro, jalapeno and serrano peppers, and lime. It’s great to use as a dip, a dressing, and even a marinade!
I’m very excited to share this Cilantro Dip with you guys today!! It came about as a request from my neighbor, Brandi. We tried this great cilantro jalapeno dip at her house one day. A family member buys their dip from a local cook, but the recipe is secretly guarded. Brandi put me to the task of trying to recreate it, and I couldn’t wait to try!
Well after some tweaking, I think I’ve cracked the code on this Cilantro Dip!! The key is simple…lots and lots of cilantro…I’m talking the whole bunch and a little lime to give it that little something! The peppers and green onions give it another little bite too.
I’m happy to say it met Brandi’s approval 🙂 And it really is easy to make!!
Tips for making Cilantro Dip:
- This recipe calls for seeded peppers. If you want more spice, leave some of the seeds in the peppers. Be careful! Try not to touch the seeds with your fingers too much. I let my knife do all the touching.
- Don’t be scared to add the whole bunch of cilantro! You can discard any large stems.
- Use a large food processor (standard size)…just not a mini one. This dip makes about two pint jars.
- Roughly chop the peppers and green onions. Don’t chop the cilantro. Let the food processor do all the work!
Other Great Recipes to Go with Cilantro Dip:
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- Roughly chop peppers and green onions. Place into large food processor.
- Add cilantro to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse until blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use as a dip, dressing, or marinade.
Hamilton Beach Food Processor
Ball Mason Jar-16 oz. Clear Glass Heritage Series - Set of 4
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other great appetizers to try:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!