Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese – The ultimate decadent white cheddar and parmesan shrimp pasta perfect as a main dish and great as a side to grilled steaks!
B.J. and I recently got back from our 20th anniversary trip. We went to Boston and surrounding areas, and ended with a few days in the picturesque Nantucket Island. I’ll be posting all about our trip soon, but I wanted to share the first recipe I knew I would be recreating once we got back home. I tried Lobster at just about every dinner, and I had Lobster Mac and Cheese twice. This Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese is my southern Louisiana recreation of one of my favorite versions of mac and cheese I tried at Brant Point Grill in Nantucket.
If you’ve followed along around here for any length of time then you know shrimp is one of my favorites with pasta. I’m so excited with how well this mac and cheese recipe came out!! I nailed it y’all!!
Without trying to sound too forceful, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS SOON! It’s that good folks. Make it as a main dish or as a side to go with grilled steak. Heck, make it for company too!
Two important things to note about this Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese:
- The key to this recipe is the Vermont White Cheddar and the fresh parmesan. It gives it restaurant quality taste.
- If you can’t find rigatoni, just use another bigger noodle like penne or ziti.Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb shrimp (medium size- peeled and deveined)
- 2 1/2 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 3/4 lb rigatoni
- 1 stick butter
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Season shrimp with 1 tsp creole seasoning.
- In a large skillet or sauce pan, heat 1/2 stick butter over medium high heat. Add shrimp and saute for about 4 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan. Leave liquid in pan.
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Add the other 1/2 stick of butter and 3 oz of cream cheese. Stir and melt over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream and half and half. Season with 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning. Stir and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in both cheeses and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and drained pasta. Stir and allow to simmer a few minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil and stir in bread crumbs. Allow bread crumbs to toast for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Top pasta with toasted bread crumbs and chives. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other shrimp recipes you might like:
LEAVE A COMMENT