A seriously delicious low-carb and low-calorie alternative to traditional nachos that you cannot miss! These are my new favorite!
This is one of my new favorite skinny recipe guys! I’ve made it at least 4 times in the last month! These Skinny Pepper Nachos make a quick and easy dinner idea, but they also work great for make-ahead lunches!
I promise I did not miss the chips at all!! And the ground chicken makes this recipe super lean and green!
What do I need to make these Skinny Pepper Nachos?
- mini bell peppers
- ground chicken
- Spices: creole seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- shredded Colby Jack cheese
What substitutes can you make in this recipe?
- You can substitute with lean ground turkey or lean ground beef.
- You can use larger bell peppers and slice them smaller for nachos.
- You can use a taco seasoning packet instead of the chili powder, cumin, onion, and garlic powder.
What toppings and additions can you make to this recipe?
- Add in some black beans or refried beans.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes.
- Top with pico de gallo or salsa.
- Top with my FAVORITE DIP!!
- Top with diced avocado.
- 16 oz. mini sweet bell peppers
- 16 oz ground chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili power
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream, avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice mini peppers in half lengthwise and remove stem and seeds.
- Lay peppers onto a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Brown ground chicken over medium high heat. Season with creole seasoning, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Once browned, add water and allow to simmer over medium for about 5 minutes.
- Top peppers with meat mixture. Roast in oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese. Place back in oven to melt cheese for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with cilantro, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, and avocado.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 677mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g
Other Skinny Recipes You Might Like:
- Skinny Stuffed Peppers
- Skinny Turkey Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- Taco Spaghetti Squash
- Skinny Meatza Pizza
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE. You can find ALL RECIPES HERE. For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER. Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!