Taco Spaghetti Squash – Enjoy your taco spaghetti night with this low-carb, keto-friendly, lean and green recipe!
There is nothing better than a healthy skinny recipe that feels like a cheat! This Taco Spaghetti Squash is definitely one of those recipes, but it is low in carbs and keto-friendly. Love that!
How Do You Roast Spaghetti Squash?
Roasting spaghetti squash is super simple! Make sure to allow about 45 minutes to an hour before dinner to do this.
- Cut your squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast flesh side down at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a fork to scrap and stir to make your spaghetti squash “noodles.”
What else do you need to make Taco Spaghetti Squash?
- Spaghetti squash – 1 medium-sized, makes about 5 cups of squash
- Olive oil
- Lean Ground beef – I like to use a 93/7 for this. You can also substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken for even less calories.
- Spices: salt, pepper, creole seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- Chili-Ready Diced Tomatoes – Try to keep these 5 grams or less carbohydrates. You can use regular diced tomatoes as well.
- tomato sauce – This helps add more of a sauce to the recipe.
- shredded colby jack cheese – I like to shred my own because it makes it creamier.
- Toppings: tomatoes, green onions, cilantro
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Taco Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash*
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 lb. lean ground beef 93% lean
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz Chili ready diced tomatoes
- 8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, slided
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out seeds. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast oiled side down at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Brown ground beef with onions, bell peppers. Add creole seasoning. Add cumin, chili powder, and onion powder.
- Once beef is browned, add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Allow it to simmer over medium for about 10 minutes.
- Remove squash and use a fork to scrape squash from sides. You can remove this to a bowl or just add your toppings on top of the squash.
- Top with a little shedded cheese and stir into spahetti squash. Top with half of ground beef mixture on each side of squash. Top with shredded cheese and place under broiler for a few minutes to melt cheese. Remove from under broiler and top with tomatoes and green onions and cilantro.
- I cut each squash in half making it 4 total servings.
This is about 5 cups of spaghetti squash.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 29.2gSaturated Fat: 26.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2.3gCholesterol: 121.1mgSodium: 1441mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5.8gSugar: 14.1gProtein: 39g
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Skinny Turkey Meatball Soup
- Skinny Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Skinny Meatza Pizza
- Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
This looks so wonderful!! Definitely will try it. My question is, when you say “chili-ready tomatoes”, are you referring to Rotel?
I find the chili ready tomatoes at Kroger. Any kind of diced tomatoes will work fine!