Shrimp and Bacon Quesadillas – Easy to make quesadillas filled with grilled shrimp, bacon, green onions, and pepperjack cheese.
In case you haven’t noticed yet, I could eat shrimp at pretty much every meal. I love it just about any way it can be prepared. During the summer, I love to grill shrimp for this recipe or this one. It won’t be long until I start putting it in pastas like this one and this one. And in Louisiana, we love our rice. So I’ll be making this one soon for my husband. Oh and I can’t wait to indulge in this one too! See…I told ya! I LOVE me some shrimp! My husband and I often like to repeat the part in the movie Forest Gump where Bubba names all the ways to prepare it!
So I bring you another shrimp recipe that is so very simple! It’s perfect for a weeknight or to enjoy while sitting on the back porch on the weekend with a margarita if you’d like!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb. shrimp (75 count)
- salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb. pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb. colby jack cheese, shredded
- 4 soft taco size tortillas
- sour cream and guacamole (optional)
- Prepare bacon in oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bacon on parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove and let cool before chopping.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add shrimp to pan and saute for 3 -5 minutes.
- Assemble: On one half of tortilla, place shrimp, cheese, bacon, and green onions. Fold over other side of tortilla.
- Spread outside with a little butter and place in pan over medium heat to grill tortilla until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
Other shrimp recipes: