Update – This recipe was originally posted in 2013. I thought I’d bring it back front and center because it is so good! It is still one of my favorite dishes to make with shrimp. And everyone always loves it! Don’t skip out on those red pepper flakes either. They totally make the dish, and remember, a little goes a long way.
- 3/4 to 1 lb of linguine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound 71/90 count shrimp
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley (use fresh if you'd like)
- zest of half of a lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 to 2 lemons depending on the size)
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes*
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and a little drizzle of olive oil. Boil linguine for 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a saute pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and season with creole seasoning. Saute shrimp for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add parsley, zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss in pasta. I toss it in straight from the boiling water.
Adapted from: Barefoot Contessa
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Quart Covered Oval Pasta Pot with Pour Spout, Gray with Orange Handles
Farberware 21982 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Jumbo Cooker/Saute Pan with Helper Handle - 6 Quart, Red
Rachael Ray 87395 Brights Hard Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan - 5 Quart, Gray
Other dishes you might enjoy:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!