Southwestern Chili Mac – An easy 30 minute ground beef recipe filled with southwestern spices, black beans, cheese, and pasta!
The most popular recipes on our site are recipes like this Southwestern Chili Mac. You guys are my people. You like meat, pasta, and cheese. You also like meals done in 30 minutes. So go ahead and add this one to your must make soon list. I bet you already have most of the stuff to make it too.
What ingredients are needed for Southwestern Chili Mac?
- ground beef
- Seasonings: creole, salt, chili powder, cumin
- canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- canned black beans
- half and half
- Colby Jack cheese
- optional: cilantro, jalapeno, green onions, diced tomatoes
Tips for Southwestern Chili Mac:
- Use whatever pasta you like for this recipe. My kids are fans of macaroni, so it goes over really well every time. You can even use whole wheat pasta!
- Add in some corn to go even more Southwestern.
- Try making it with ground turkey to reduce the calories.
- Change up the toppings, and add some green onions and diced tomatoes.
Southwestern Chili Mac
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Southwestern Chili Mac - An easy 30 minute ground beef recipe filled with southwestern spices, black beans, cheese, and pasta!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups Colby Jack cheese
- Optional Toppings: Chopped cilantro, slided jalapenos
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni noodles.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with chopped onion over medium high heat. Season with creole seasoning, salt, chili powder, and cumin while browning.
- Once browned, add diced tomatoes and black beans. Stir and allow to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in half and half and milk. Allow mixture to come to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add in 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and cilantro and sliced jalapeños.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
These recipes would go great with Southwestern Chili Mac:
Similar recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
This was delicious! Yum!
Thanks Laura! So glad you liked it! Love this one too!