Here’s a super simple recipe for cornbread when you want something a little different. This would be great for a Labor Day BBQ or as a nice side to a soup this fall. They are really moist and delicious!
Vidalia Onion Cornbread Muffins
Serves: 1 dozen
- ½ stick butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cornbread mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until tender for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool for a few minutes. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, only using ½ of the cheese. Mix in the onion mixture. Pour into muffin tin. Top with other ½ of cheese. Bake until golden brown for about 15-25 minutes depending on your oven. Test for doneness with toothpick. Allow them to cool a bit, and then remove them from the pan.
Source: Paula Deen