Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole – An easy breakfast treat perfect for brunches and weekend breakfasts!
Y’all, this slow cooker breakfast casserole has changed our Sunday morning routine! My kids love to go eat after we go to Mass on Sundays, but lately that is just not a good option with the state of our post-hurricane area. Restaurants are either closed or packed with lines.
So the option to have breakfast waiting on us when we return home from church is so appealing! This Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole has been an excellent new tradition!
My kids like the sweet Hawaiian rolls in this recipe, but you can totally substitute regular french bread or even croissants!
Tips for making Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole:
- Do all the work the night before for this recipe. It needs to set up in the fridge overnight.
- Use whatever kind of bread you have! French bread and croissants work great too!
- Want breakfast ready for earlier? Set that alarm and simply take it out of the fridge and set it in the slow cooker for 3 hours. Head back to bed!!
- We like to set ours before church around 7:00 am, so that it is ready for us when we return home around 10:30.
Love these recipes? Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram |
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 package of 12 sweet Hawaiian rolls, cut into cubes
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Brown breakfast sausage in a skillet and drain. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard powder, salt, and pepper
- Spread butter generously over the bottom and up sides of slow cooker dish.
- Place half of bread cubes in the bottom of slow cooker followed by half of the browned sausage and half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layer once more.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, set slow cooker to low for 3 1/2 hours and then serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other slow cooker recipes you may like:
- Overnight Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Simple Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Crockpot Sausage and Potatoes
- Crockpot Hoppin’ John
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Richard Tunner says
I tried this recipe last night, tweaked it a bit. I left the sausage uncooked and added an extra 1/2 cup of milk, cooked for 9 hours, it came out moist and delicious. The guys at work loved it! Thank you.