Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes – An easy side dish recipe filled with all the yummy baked potato toppings and perfect for any time of year!
Hey everyone! I couldn’t wait to bring you one of my new favorite slow cooker recipes! These Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes are crazy easy and perfect for the lazy days of summer! Who says slow cookers are only for the winter time? If so, you’d be missing out on some easy summer uses!
This makes a great side dish for barbecues and grilling outdoors. With slow cooker recipes like this, I get the chance to actually sit outside and enjoy myself instead of slaving away on side dishes inside.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes:
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
- Cut potatoes into large chunks (about 1 1/4 inches) since they will be cooking in slow cooker.
- Use Cream of Potato if you don’t like Cream of Mushroom.
- Use bacon pieces/bits found with salad dressing toppings for even less work.
- No water is needed for this slow cooker recipe.
- Top with sour cream for extra loaded flavor!
Ideas for Main Dishes and Desserts:
Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes - An easy side dish recipe filled with all the yummy baked potato toppings and perfect for any time of year!
- 2.5 pounds of potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 10 oz. can cream of mushroom*
- 4 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped bacon*
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Optional: sour cream
- Line slow cooker with a liner for easy clean up.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, cream of mushroom, and Velveeta. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Stir and top with green onions and bacon.
*You can substitute with cream of potato.
*You can use salad topping bacon bits or pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Crock-Pot SCCPWM600-V2 6-Quart WeMo-Enabled Smart Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
Ninja Multi-Cooker with 4-in-1 Stove Top, Oven, Steam & Slow Cooker Options, 6-Quart Nonstick Pot, and Steaming/Roasting Rack (MC950ZSS), Stainless
Other Great Side Dish Recipes:
Click HERE for all our SIDE DISH recipes.
Our Most Popular Slow Cooker Recipe:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
would u recommend cooking on low or high?
Hi Renee! I usually cook on low for 6 hours, but you can also cook on high for 4 hours. Thanks for visiting!
I can’t wait to try this! Yum!
Slow cooker recipes are the best!
Liz @ The Lemon Bowl says
This looks so yummy!
Marja Boersma says
I’m from the Netherlands, Europe and we do have a slowcooker but we can’t buy liners cos they don’t sell them here! Can i use aluminum foil in place of the liner? Or baking paper?
Thanks in advance for answering.
Have a great day and i hope the weather’s nice where you are cos here it is.
Till next time.
Hi Marja! Can you spray your slow cooker with a cooking oil spray or brush it with some oil instead? I would not use foil or paper. The slow cooker liners are made of a special plastic. I hope this helps!
Mmmm, this looks so good. I saw a similar recipe using unpeeled cut up chunks in an Instapot, since I don’t have one of those, I wondered if your recipe would work with unpeeled chunks.
Yes, it sure would! Thanks for visiting Barbara!