One-Pot Beef Taco Rice – An easy all in one recipe filled with beef, rice, spices, and cheese. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner idea!
One-Pot recipes are definitely a favorite around here. You can find plenty of them on this blog! This One-Pot Beef Taco Rice is a new favorite to add to our collection!
It’s perfect for busy weeknights and the best part is the rice cooks right in with all the rest of the ingredients. So it’s a huge bonus when you don’t have to clean that rice pot folks!
Tips for Making this One-Pot Beef Taco Rice:
- I use a large 12 -inch non-stick skillet with a lid. This is similar to the one I have and I use it all the time!!
- Don’t keep checking the rice! Let it do it’s thing and cook for a solid 20 minutes on a low fire before you check it. Sometimes, long grain rice can take longer if you use that. You may want to add a little more water (about 1/3 cup) and put the lid back on to cook a little longer if it’s not done after 20 or 25 minutes.
- Want it spicy? Use HOT Rotel and add in some Pepperjack cheese. You can also cook in some diced jalapenos when you brown your onions.
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram
One Pot Beef Taco Rice
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked rice (medium grain)
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack
- 2 sliced green onions
- Optional Toppings: sliced jalapenos, sour cream
- Brown ground round and onion until beef is cooked and onions are clear. Season with 1 tsp creole seasoning while browning.
- Add rice and cumin. Stir and saute over medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, Rotel, salt, and water and stir to combine/
- Bring this mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid, and reduce heat to low. Cook covered for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove lid and check to see if rice is cooked. Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Top with the rest of the cheese and allow it to melt before serving.
- Serve with toppings: green onion, sour cream, sliced jalapenos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other One-Pot Recipes You May Like:
- One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
- One-Pot Sausage and Red Rice
- One-Pot Mexi Beef and Corn Bake
- Easy One Pot Pizza Pasta
- One-Pot Cajun Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- One-Pot Cabbage Casserole
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT