One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice – A quick, easy, and hearty one-pot supper filled with ground beef, broccoli, rice and topped with cheese.
Update – This One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice originally posted in 2014. Those pictures needed some updating because this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious, so I’m reposting it for all our new readers!
I have a few older recipes on this blog that don’t get the TLC they really need. Some of my first recipes are my favorites, but let’s face it. I was totally learning food photography on the fly. I’m still by no means an expert, but I am much better and have better equipment.
I couldn’t stand the fact that you guys were missing out on this One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice because it is just the kind of recipe that you guys LOVE. It’s one pot and done in 30 minutes!! It’s the perfect weeknight dinner and great for school nights. It kind of reminds me of your love for this little recipe right HERE. Who’d thunk cabbage would be a hit? But the lovers of cabbage are apparently extreme.
But back to busy weeknights. One-pot dinners are winners in the fall! The fact that I’m talking about school nights kind of makes me want to cry a little. Can I just say this has been the best summer with my kids? They are growing up, and we have really relaxed!
Tips for Making One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
- I only add a half-can of Rotel because I have a few picky eaters. Go ahead and add the whole can if you’d like.
- Use a non-stick pot for easy clean-up.
- There’s no need to cook your rice separately and have another pot to clean either. That, my friends, is a huge bonus! I use medium-grain rice. You may want to increase the cooking time for long grain or brown rice.
- Beef broth can be substituted for water with bouillon granules/cubes.
- I use different cheeses and whatever I have on hand. Colby Jack or Cheddar are usually my go-to cheeses for one-pot meals.
Been there quite often! You??
Don’t worry about that with this meal. Only ONE pot to clean! Whoop! Whoop!
- 2 lbs. ground beef (ground round or sirloin works great)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules or 2 cubes
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb. frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 can mild Rotel
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Colby Jack
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Brown beef with onions and garlic. Season with creole seasoning as you start to brown it.
- While meat is browning, mix warm water with bouillon granules and let sit.
- Once beef is browned and onions are clear, add bouillon mixture, rice, broccoli, and Rotel. Stir.
- Bring it to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid during this time. Stir and check to see if rice is done. If not, add a little more water, cover and cook a little longer.
- Taste and season a little more if you prefer.
- Top with cheese, cover, and let cheese melt. Serve with a little fresh parsley.
-I only add a half-can of Rotel because I have a few picky eaters. Go ahead and add the whole can if you'd like.
-Use a non-stick pot for easy clean-up.
-I use medium-grain rice. You may want to increase the cooking time for long grain or brown rice.
-Beef broth can be substituted for water with bouillon granules/cubes.
-I use different cheeses and whatever I have on hand. Colby Jack or Cheddar are usually my go-to cheeses for one-pot meals.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
- Rachael Ray 87395 Brights Hard Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan - 5 Quart, Gray
- Farberware 21982 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Jumbo Cooker/Saute Pan with Helper Handle - 6 Quart, Red
- Paula Deen 16992 Riverbend Nonstick Chicken Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Side Handles - 12.5 Inch, Red
Other recipes you might like:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!