Loaded Skillet Nachos – Layers of tortilla chips, black beans, white cheese sauce, shredded Pepperjack, lettuce, and pico make this the ultimate snack or dinner idea!
I’ve decided June was a month of nachos. In all of our travels, and boy do I feel like we were traveling a lot, I had my fair share of nachos. So once we got home, I had to make my own version of Loaded Skillet Nachos!
This version right here reminds me of the restaurant, Paradiso 37 in Disney Springs. There were so many good cheesy layers, and I pretty much decided right then that I would have to recreate them at home! And I pretty much live for skillet recipes like this one and this one and this one.to
Ingredients for Loaded Skillet Nachos:
- chopped tomato
- chopped red onion
- fresh chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- shredded lettuce
- tortilla chips
- canned black beans
- shredded PepperJack cheese
- sour cream/guacamole
- evaporated milk
- White American Cheese
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
I made these meatless, but you could totally add some taco ground beef if you’d like. I just think these make a great snack! Give me a margarita and I’m all good!
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Loaded Skillet Nachos
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- shredded lettuce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. shredded Pepperjack Cheese
- Optional: sour cream and guacamole
White Cheese Sauce
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz of White American Cheese slices, chopped into squares *
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To a small bowl, add chopped tomato, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, and juice of 1/2 lime. Stir together and set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce: Add evaporated milk to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk in cornstarch. Once it reaches a simmer, whisk in white American cheese squares in batches. Continue whisking constantly and then adding in more cheese as it melts. Once cheese is melted, stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Layer Nachos: In a 10 in. cast iron or other oven-safe skillet, put a layer of chips, layer of black beans, layer of some cheese sauce, sprinkle of shredded cheese, and repeat 2 more times. Place under broiler for about 3 minutes watching it carefully so it doesn't burn. Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, and tomato and onion mixture.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
*I like to use deli-style white american cheese slices.
** Add in layers of taco ground beef or grilled chicken if you'd like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides, Best for Parmesan Cheese, Vegetables, Ginger, XL Size, Black
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
SHINEURI 2 Quart Sauce Pan Nonstick Ceramic Saucepan with Lid & Stainless Steel Handle, Cooking for Soup, Stew, Sauce, Pasta & Reheat Food, Compatible for Induction, Gas, Electric & Stovetops (Black)
Other recipes you might like:
- Quick Creamy Chicken Skillet Burritos
- Skillet Covered Burritos
- Smores Skillet Cookie Pie
- Easy Peach Pecan Skillet Cake
- Beer and Cheese Skillet Bread
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT