Skillet Covered Burritos – An easy one pot weeknight dinner idea filled with stuffed cheesy enchiladas surrounded in delicious chili gravy.
How to Make Skillet Covered Burritos:
- Make meat sauce by browning beef and onion and seasoning. Add in cream of mushroom, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and milk and let simmer.
- While sauce simmers, make burritos.
- Nestle burritos in the sauce and top with shredded cheese. Cover and simmer a little longer.
- 1 1b. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese ( I used Colby Jack)
- 8 flour tortillas (I prefer burrito size and just trim the ends after rolling)
- Optional: green onions, sour cream
- Suggested Sides: Refried beans, Mexican rice
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain.
- Stir in cream of mushroom, enchilada sauce, chiles, and milk. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your tortillas by filling each with shredded cheese and olives and rolling them up. Once meat sauce has simmered, simply nest the burritos in the sauce, carefully rolling it around to get it mostly coated in the sauce while being careful not to let it open up. Place them seam side down in the pan.
- Cover skillet with lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Top with more cheese, olives, and green onions. Cover again and cook until cheese melts.
- Top each serving with sour cream and some more green onions. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
- Rachael Ray 87395 Brights Hard Anodized Nonstick Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan - 5 Quart, Gray
- Farberware 21982 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Jumbo Cooker/Saute Pan with Helper Handle - 6 Quart, Red
- Paula Deen 16992 Riverbend Nonstick Chicken Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Side Handles - 12.5 Inch, Red
Looking for other recipe ideas?
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!