Instant Pot White Beans, Sausage, and Rice – It only takes minutes and a few ingredients to make this easy all in one pot meal filled with smoked sausage, white beans, rice, and some spice.
It’s been way too long since I’ve checked in with you guys! However, I come with a new favorite recipe that I see us making over and over, and I know you will love it too! This White Beans, Sausage, and Rice is your kind of recipe folks!
So I made this recipe up basically out of necessity. We are currently in the post Hurricane Laura phase of life right now. Laura decided to give our town a direct hit. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I’ve shared some heartbreaking photos. Pretty much every corner you turn has damage. If you had damage to your home, then you probably had damage to your place of employment, your favorite restaurants, stores, your family’s homes, etc. Our community has been turned upside down. Many are on week 3 of no power. And this is the case not just in Lake Charles, but all the surrounding towns. And we aren’t even directly on the coast. Towns south of us are destroyed too. It’s a long road ahead of us.
My little family has counted our blessings over and over. Our home only sustained some exterior damage. My husband is a generator guru, so we had it really good even without electricity. Several family members stayed with us, and to be honest, I absolutely loved the family time we’ve had over these few weeks. God just keeps giving us these opportunities to spend time as a family and to look at what really matters. 😀
So back to this recipe. It was born out of necessity. Not too many stores were open, and I had sausage, canned white beans, and rice plus my trusty Instant Pot. I threw the ingredients in there for supper one day, and this little jewel of a recipe was born! We shared it with neighbors that night, and I’m so excited to say it was a hit. I’ve already made it again! I told you I see this recipe a lot in our future.
Tips for Making Instant Pot White Beans, Sausage, and Rice
- Use your favorite smoked pork sausage.
- I always have canned white beans because of this recipe. Use your favorite white beans.
- I have not made this recipe on the stove top yet, but I’ll try that soon for you guys!!
- Add some more spice if you like! Tabasco sauce and jarred jalapeños would go great with this too.
Instant Pot White Beans, Sausage, and Rice
- 1.5 pounds smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 3 15 oz. cans Great Northern Beans, undrained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in Instant Pot and stir to combine.
2. Set it to manual pressure for 15 minutes. Make sure valve is set to "sealing." It will take about 15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts to count down.
3. Once it is done, allow it to naturally release pressure for about 10 minutes.
4. Carefully turn valve to release pressure (always grab from under valve because steam comes out of the top).
Remove lid and stir and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- One-Pot Sausage and Red Rice
- Rice Cooker Sausage Jambalaya
- One-Pot Cajun Black-Eyed Peas & Rice
- Simple Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken over Quinoa
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Jamie Grady says
Do you cook the sausage before putting it in the instant pot?
Hi Jamie! No, you do not need to cook it first. Hope you enjoy!
Marlene Ivette Vazquez says
Can I add more rice to this recipe?
Hi Marlene! I have not tried adding more rice. You might have to adjust the liquid and add more if so.
Can I make this using a regular crock pot? We do t have room to add an insta pot to our kitchen right now but I’d love to make this recipe! Just wondering how to change the cook time for a crock pot version?
I have not attempted this in the crockpot due to the rice. It is something I would need to test out. An alternative is to cook the rice on the side and use half the amount of broth for the slow cooker. I would cook it on low for about 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Can dry beans be used ?
Hi Jennifer! You can use dry beans, but I have not tested this out. You would need to add a lot more liquid. I would suggest about 8 cups of liquid total (4 cups broth, 4 cups water) for a 20 oz package of dry beans.
Do you know how long the cook time would be if I double the recipe?
Hi Sarah! I would probably just increase it by 5 minutes.