Simple Instant Pot Jambalaya – An easy weeknight version of the classic Cajun jambalaya recipe. Only a little time and a few ingredients to enjoy this Cajun dish!
Y’all know I love a good Instant Pot recipe! I’ve wanted to tackle rice in the Instant Pot for a while now. I am so excited with this recipe! I’ve turned one of our favorite southern Louisiana comfort foods into this quick and simple Instant Pot Jambalaya!
I kept things simple in this recipe and only used pork sausage. Honestly, that’s my favorite part of jambalaya anyway. I’m happy to say it was a hit! My oldest daughter said, “Mom, this is so good!” That’s music to my ears. She’s my little Cajun in the family.
What do you need to make Instant Pot Jambalaya:
- Pork sausage
- Bell Pepper
- Beef broth
- Creole seasoning
- parsley (optional)
I love my Instant Pot! Here is the one I have.
- 1 1/2 lb smoked pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped*
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped*
- 3 cups medium grain rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- Optional: chopped parsley
- Cut sausage and saute in Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add rice, creole seasoning, and beef broth and stir to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is on sealing.
- Set on manual for 5 minutes and allow it to naturally release.
- Remove lid, stir, and serve. Top with chopped parsley.
Recipe can be halved easily.
I often use a bag of frozen seasoned blend with onions and peppers already chopped.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Recipes You May Like:
- Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Soup
- Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa
- Rice Cooker Sausage Jambalaya
- One-Pot Cajun Black-Eyed Peas & Rice
- Mexican Rice-Cooker Shrimp & Rice
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!