Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup – A comforting creamy chicken soup recipe made easy using an instant pot.
I am the self-proclaimed queen of soup. I love making soup year-round. I don’t really ever get tired of them either. And this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is no exception. I absolutely love lunch time when I get to eat something like this too.
I am a huge fan of short cuts too. We are so insanely busy lately that shortcuts are a must. I made this recipe using a rotisserie chicken. Y’all, if you are not using these for dishes, you are missing out! It’s such a time-saver, and they are packed with flavor! You can use them in enchilada recipes, soups, nachos, etc. I also made this one in my trusty Instant Pot. I love it…like really really love it.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Go for it with that rotisserie chicken. You will be amazed at how much time you save and how much flavor it brings to any dish.
- Feeding a crowd? This recipe can be doubled. If you don’t have a large instant pot, this recipe can be made on the stove very easily.
- You can use regular chicken breasts if you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken. You can also use frozen chicken breasts. That’s what is so wonderful about the Instant Pot! Just increase the cook time to 20 minutes.
- Don’t ever put cream cheese in Instant Pot before you cook (pressurize). Cream cheese and other cheeses should be put in during the last few minutes just to melt and combine. Trust me!
How to make Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup on the Stove:
- Add chopped chicken, Rotel, corn, beans, ranch mix, and chicken broth to a large pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese until melted. Serve warm.
- *Uncooked chopped chicken can be used, as it will cook nicely in the broth.
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
A comforting creamy chicken soup recipe made easy using an instant pot.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and diced*
- 10 oz can mild Rotel
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 3 tsp ranch dressing mix
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 5 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese, plus more for topping
- tortilla chips
1. Add chicken, Rotel, corn, black beans, ranch mix, and chicken broth to an instant pot.
2. Stir, cover, and secure lid into lock position. Make sure valve is set to sealing.
3. Cook on manual for 15 minutes. When timer beeps, let it naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick release.
4. Uncover and stir in cubed cream cheese and shredded cheese until melted.
5. Top with chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips and more shredded cheese.
*You can use 2 frozen chicken breasts instead of using a rotisserie chicken. Increase cook time to 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other soup recipes you might like to try:
Mexican Chicken, Black Bean, and Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Soup
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Hi Jaren, do you have all your instant pot recipes in one area. Your soups sound wonderful.
Hi Conni! Here is a link to all my instant pot recipes: https://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/favorite-instant-pot-recipes.html
Have a great day!