Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup – A flavorful soup filled with fiber perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner idea! Stove top directions are included as well!
I’m sure if you’ve explored my site or follow me on social media, then you know I love a good soup recipe. They help me stay on a healthy track during the day. This Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup is my new favorite!
I am super excited to share this one with everyone! Not only because it is the delicious combination of flavors, but because we are giving away an Instant Pot over on Instagram! Be sure to ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE. You can make so many great dishes with it!
I made a whole batch of this soup the other day, divided it up into individual serving bowls, and froze some of it for future lunches and dinners. Doing this allows me to have something healthier ready, so I don’t eat the chicken nuggets and pizza with my kids…although I do that sometimes too!
Tips for Making Instant Pot Chicken, Bean, and Kale Soup
- Forgot to take out frozen chicken. Put them in the Instant Pot frozen!! Just add five more minutes to your cooking time.
- Use a rotisserie chicken for an easy option as well. Set Instant Pot for 15 minutes if choosing this option.
- Use your favorite canned beans in this recipe. I like the combination of the black and the white beans.
- Omit the rice if you are trying to go very low carb.
- Omit the sour cream if you are trying to go very low calorie.
- Freeze the extra in individual serving bowls for great make-ahead lunches!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 oz chopped green chiles
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- shredded cheese for topping
- Place all ingredients except kale, sour cream, and cheese in Instant Pot. Stir to combine everything.
- Cook for 20 minutes on Manual. It will take about 15 or 20 minutes to come to pressure before it starts to count down and cook. Allow it to naturally release steam for 5 minutes after the cooking timer goes off. Then you can do a quick release.
- Take out chicken breasts and shred with two forks and place back into soup.
- Add in chopped kale and sour cream. Continuously stir until sour cream is combined really well. Serve and top with about 1 tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Stove Top Directions: Saute onions and green chiles in about 1 tbsp olive oil until onions are clear. Add beans, cubed chicken (uncooked), spices, chicken broth and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce it to simmer covered for about 25 minutes. Stir in kale and sour cream until thoroughly combined. Serve and top with shredded cheese.
Omit sour cream for an even healthier version of this soup!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other Soup Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Soup
- Mexican Chicken, Black Bean, & Sweet Potato Soup
- White Bean Chicken Soup
- Skinny Chicken Vegetable Soup
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!