Baked Corn & Sausage Dip is an easy and hearty dip filled with breakfast sausage, corn, Rotel, and cream cheese. It’s perfect for snacking no matter the occasion!
So let me tell you about my family’s favorite food love…CORN! We love corn in just about anything! And this Baked Corn and Sausage Dip right here was no exception. I brought it over to my sisters house for some afternoon swimming, and we loved it!
There is just something about swimming that makes me crave chips and dip. I especially crave dips like this one!! Oh my goodness! I made a big batch of it and thought it would probably be too much…but not with my family. We scarfed that thing down in a hurry! I can so see myself making this again and again in the future.
It’s made from all the good things like breakfast sausage, cream cheese, Rotel… Shall I go on? Just those ingredients alone make anything good! The first time I made it, I baked it in a large casserole dish to serve everyone at a family gathering. Since then, I’ve been making a smaller recipe in my cast iron skillet when we want a little snack at home. No matter what, it hits the spot!
Can I only make half the recipe for Baked Corn and Sausage Dip?
- Yes! I do that most of the time. When I do this, I bake it in my cast iron skillet as pictured. You can shorten the baking time in this case to 10 to 15 minutes.
- If we are going to be with several family members, then I definitely make the full recipe in a 7 x 10 casserole dish.
Is a cast iron skillet worth it?
- Oh my goodness! Yes! Totally!
- I use it for desserts, pizza, frying bacon, making grilled sandwiches too. You can find them in stores like Walmart and here.
- Recipes using a cast iron skillet: Skillet Peach Pecan Cake, Skillet Deep Dish Pizza, Skillet Beer Bread
- 1 1b. breakfast sausage
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel ( I used Mild)
- 2 14 oz. cans corn, drained
- 8 jarred jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Fritos Scoops
- Brown sausage. Drain grease.
- Stir in cream cheese and melt over medium-low heat.
- Stir in Rotel, corn, and jalapenos.
- Pour in a large casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese and cilantro.
*Note-This recipe can be halved and cooked in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. You only need to bake it for about 10 to 15 minutes if you half the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Looking for other great snacks?