Cajun Baked Chicken and Rice – An easy to put together delicious chicken dinner recipe that will leave your home smelling amazing!
Perhaps you’ve made a version of a baked chicken and rice. And if you have not, this Cajun Baked Chicken and Rice is a great one to try out! It makes a great Sunday dinner that pretty much cannot get much easier to make.
You literally mix everything in a big bowl, pour it in a casserole dish, and top it with seasoned chicken. The oven does all the work!
The sausage, the onions, and the creole seasoning baking up will leave your home smelling like home-cooked heaven too. Serve it with a salad or some green beans, and you have yourself a wonderful dinner.
Tips for making Cajun Baked Chicken and Rice:
- Use your favorite brand of smoked sausage.
- Feel free to substitute the creamed soups.
- Place a pan under the dish while it bakes to catch any drips.
- Use a deep 13 x 9 dish.
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken
- 10.5 oz can french onion soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups medium-grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp creole, divided
- 4 tbsp butter, cubed
- 6 pieces of bone-in dark meat chicken (I used 4thighs and 2 legs)
- 3/4 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large deep 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, french onion soup, diced onion, diced pepper, rice, water, sliced sausage, and 1/2 tsp creole seasoning.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Season chicken pieces with 1 tsp of creole seasoning. You can add more or less seasoning depending on your preference.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Top with cubed butter. Cover tightly with foil. Place casserole dish onto another pan to catch any drippings as it cooks. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, remove foil, increase heat to 400 degrees, and bake for 25 to 30 more minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you may like:
- One-Pot Cajun Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- Simple Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Rice Cooker Sausage Jambalaya
- One-Pot Sausage and Red Rice
Other recipes to serve with Cajun Baked Chicken and Rice:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!