Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad- A wonderful make-ahead salad recipe to use up those fresh garden vegetables! It makes a great side dish to so many meals!
Folks, this recipe is a true favorite around here!! We get excited when we know it’s in the fridge. Now when I say “we,” I would mean my husband and I. The kids aren’t jumping up and down over vegetables YET. Although, our youngest two have the most potential when it comes to fresh veggies.
This is seriously the best side dish for so many recipes! It marinates for a few hours in a sweet and tangy dressing that only takes a few ingredients to make. I love short ingredient lists! It makes a recipe so much more appealing.
Tips for Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- You can change up varieties of vegetables. Use whatever kind of tomatoes you have on hand. You can also use a white onion. I just prefer red onions in salads.
- You do not have peel cucumbers.
- This recipe doubles easily to feed a larger crowd.
- Make it the night before or the morning before your next gathering.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 in thick
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced and halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Keeps well for up to 3 days.
Great recipes to serve with it:
Here’s a great set of bowls perfect for summer salads!
Looking for more salad ideas:
You can find more SIDE DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!