Apple Butter Cinnamon Swirl Cookies – A perfect Fall cookie recipe with an easy homemade dough and a cinnamon sugar apple butter filling.
These Apple Butter Cinnamon Swirl Cookies are the perfect cookie with a cup of coffee! I may have enjoyed a few for breakfast too.
They start with such an easy cookie dough recipe too! All you do for the filling is mix up some jarred apple butter with a little cinnamon and brown sugar. My kids love any kind of recipe that requires a rolling pin too. We just roll it into a big rectangle and spread on the filling and sprinkle on the pecans.
It’s a fun fall recipe for the kiddos. I’ve made a batch for the lounge at work for the past few years, and they go pretty fast. Anyone else get excited when there is food at the office? It just makes the work day more fun, right?
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat well.
- Scoop out dough onto plastic wrap and wrap up while shaping it into a ball. Chill for an hour.
- Take out dough, unwrap it, and place it onto a sheet of waxed paper that has been dusted with flour. Dust dough with flour as well. Roll out dough to a 12 x 9 rectangle.
- Mix apple butter with brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread apple butter mixture evenly over dough. Top with pecans, and press them down lightly.
- Begin rolling up dough on long side. Once rolled, wrap up in the wax paper, place on a pan, and chill in freezer for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove and let sit out about 5 minutes. Slice 1/4 inch thick, and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other cookie recipes you may like:
- Strawberry Swirl Cookies
- Cinnamon Pecan Icebox Cookies
- Oatmeal Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Harvest Cookies
- Maple Pecan Cookies
You can find more DESSERTS RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!