Cinnamon Pecan Icebox Cookies – A perfect make ahead and freeze cookie. When you’re ready, you just slice them up and bake them!
Attention all cookie lovers! Boy have I found an amazing cookie for you! And as an added bonus, they are so easy to have ready in the fridge waiting to be baked up when the craving hits!
I’m so excited for this post! Not only do I have this FABULOUS cookie to share with you, but it is also my first month to do a recipe swap with the Leftovers Club! This is so much fun! A group of bloggers pair up each month and send some of our baked goodies to another member of the group. In return, they send us some of their baked goodies and we share all the creations with you! As soon as I heard about this group, I knew it sounded so much fun.
This month I was paired up with Shaina from Take a Bite out of Boca. She sent me some WONDERFUL little treats last week and she’s sharing them today too! It was so exciting to get them in the mail. My parents were over at my house and were just about to back out of the driveway when I decided to check the mail. I pulled out this little box of goodies straight from Florida. We all sampled them right there in the driveway.
Isn’t that cool? How many times have you wanted to reach into your computer screen and give some of the treats you see online a try? I know I do all the time!
So these little Cinnamon Pecan Icebox Cookies headed Shaina’s way on Monday. They are so yummy! My husband, who is not the biggest fan of cookies or a lot of desserts for that matter, can just about eat a dozen of them. I’m telling y’all…these little suckers are addicting!
They are so easy to make ahead and have a roll in the freezer waiting to slice up and bake. They are definitely something I’ll be making over and over for lunchboxes and after school snacks too.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Sugar Coating:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until well mixed.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat well.
- Add pecans and beat on low speed just until mixed.
- Scoop out dough onto plastic wrap and wrap up while shaping it into a ball. Chill for an hour.
- Take out dough and split in half. Place each half onto a sheet of waxed paper. Shape the dough into a 6 inch log using the wax paper to help you roll it up and smooth it out. Once you have it shaped, roll the log with the wax paper and twist the edges to seal it. Place in the freezer to firm up for a few hours to overnight. (If you plan on storing it for longer, wrap each wax paper log in plastic wrap and then in foil to store).
- Remove from freezer once firm and let it sit out for about 5 minutes to make it easier to slice.
- Roll in sugar coating mixture in a shallow dish pressing the cinnamon/sugar onto outside of log.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick and bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
*Makes 2 dozen
*Baking for 14 minutes makes a slightly crispier cookie- I usually do one batch at 12 minutes and one at 14 because we like them both ways.
*Adapted from Southern Living Incredible Cookies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Want to try some other treats:
And don’t forget about the awesome Back to School giveaway!!!