- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Icing (optional):
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix well.
- Add syrup and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place bowl in fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop spoonfuls or roll into 1 inch balls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets. If they don't look done, they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet once you take them out. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing (optional-cookies are just as good without it):
- Once cookies have cooled, mix syrup and powdered sugar with whisk.
- Drizzle with spoon while cookies are on wire rack.
Adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/maple_cookies/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Looking for other cookie recipes?