Maple Pecan Cookies – A delicious chewy fall cookie made with maple syrup!
I wanted to share a sweet, little treat I made this weekend. I had some maple syrup, and I wanted to make a good Fall cookie. Then I decided why not add some icing to make them look really yummy. They came out so good. I love any dessert with dark brown sugar!
Aren’t they pretty! They are very easy too!
I packaged some of them up for my kids’ teachers. I have to give desserts away, or I WILL eat them all! Cookies are my weakness!
If you like making homemade tags, visit my craft blog for information on how I made it.
Maple Pecan Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Icing (optional):
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅔ cup of powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix well.
- Add syrup and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place bowl in fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop spoonfuls or roll into 1 inch balls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets. If they don't look done, they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet once you take them out. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing (optional-cookies are just as good without it):
- Once cookies have cooled, mix syrup and powdered sugar with whisk.
- Drizzle with spoon while cookies are on wire rack.
Adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/maple_cookies/
Looking for other cookie recipes?