Maple Pecan Cookies – A delicious chewy fall cookie made with maple syrup!
I wanted to share a sweet, little treat I made this weekend. I had some maple syrup, and I wanted to make a good Fall cookie. Then I decided why not add some icing to make them look really yummy. These Maple Pecan Cookies came out so good. I love any dessert with dark brown sugar!
Aren’t they pretty! They are very easy too!
I packaged some of them up for my kids’ teachers. I have to give desserts away, or I WILL eat them all! Cookies are my weakness!
If you like making homemade tags, visit my craft blog for information on how I made it.
Maple Pecan Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Icing (optional):
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix well.
- Add syrup and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place bowl in fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop spoonfuls or roll into 1 inch balls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets. If they don't look done, they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet once you take them out. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing (optional-cookies are just as good without it):
- Once cookies have cooled, mix syrup and powdered sugar with whisk.
- Drizzle with spoon while cookies are on wire rack.
Adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/maple_cookies/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Looking for other cookie recipes?
These look so good Jaren!! I can’t wait to try them out!
Laura K says
I made these last night and they turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
Wonderful! I’m glad you liked them!
Hi Jaren, I just found your blog today and was so excited about your recipes and such. Then I saw that you lived not far from me when I lived in Louisiana and still go right through there to get to all my family’s homes in southwest Louisiana and Texas. So nice to meet you and follow your blog! Thanks for sharing!!!
That’s really cool! I don’t run across many bloggers from my area. Thanks for following!!
When you say 1 stick of butter do you mean 1/2 cup?
Hi Sam! Yes, 1/2 cup
Hi can I ask when you say flour do you mean self raising flour or plain flour please?
They look delicious and I can’t wait to make them xx
Hi Amanda! I use all purpose flour. Hope you love them!