Oatmeal Toffee Pecan Cookies – A fuss-free delicious oatmeal cookie recipe. No chilling required!
These Oatmeal Toffee Pecan Cookies disappeared in no time in our house! Well, really every cookie disappears in no time in our house! This recipe is based on a recipe my dad made for us when I was a kid. That sounds funny for me to say because my dad is not a baker by any means. But I guess that one day when I was a child, he was hungry for cookies and decided to make them himself.
And because this memory is so rare and notable, it stuck in my brain all these years later! My mom must have been boycotting the kitchen that day because she was and still is always baking something. She gives me the best recipe ideas!
So in honor of my dad, who celebrated his 71st birthday yesterday, go ahead and make a memory with your family and make these soon!
Tips for making Oatmeal Toffee Pecan Cookies:
- Don’t worry about chilling the dough!!
- Toffee bits with milk chocolate can be used too.
- Quick-cooking oats can be used as well.
Want an easy supper to go with these cookies?
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits *
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat shortening with both sugars until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended again.
- Add flour, salt, soda and beat.
- Add oatmeal, pecans, and toffee bits. Beat on low speed until well blended.
- Drop a teaspoon size amount of batter onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Other Cookie Recipes:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!