This Skinny Turkey Meatball Soup is an easy and quick low-calorie and high protein dinner or lunch idea!
I’m all about leaner recipes here lately. I’m trying to get meals that have a lot of protein while staying low calorie. This Turkey Meatball Soup made a very flavorful and filling dinner while allowing me to stay on track with my goals lately.
What do you need to make this Turkey Meatball Soup:
- lean ground turkey
You can use a 93/7% fat or go even learner with ground white turkey breast which is about 98-99% lean!
- creole seasoning
Y’all know creole seasoning is like my salt and pepper. Seasoning salt works well too. Don’t have those? Salt and pepper are totally fine!
- shredded Parmesan cheese
This gives the meat mixture a little more flavor and moisture.
- crushed red pepper flakes
I put this little touch in just about every Italian meat mixture I make.
- olive oil
I use about a tbsp to cook the meatballs.
- canned Italian diced tomatoes
Regular diced tomatoes will work too. Just add about 1/2 tsp of dried basil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- Rao’s Tomato Basil Sauce
This is a lower sugar lower carb sauce that helps keep this recipe healthier
- chopped zucchini
I chop mine pretty chunky because they do cook down. You can also add in other veggies here too.
- low sodium chicken broth
I like to cut down on the salt by using low-sodium.
- parmesan cheese for topping
This just adds a little finish to the soup.
Can you substitute another protein in this soup?
Of course, you can always use ground chicken or ground sirloin. Choose a lean option to keep the soup low calorie.
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Skinny Turkey Meatball Soup
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped into 1 in. pieces
- 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- Mix ground turkey, 1 tsp creole seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and parmesan in a bowl until well combined. Form 16 meatballs.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Add meatballs and cook on all sides until browned.
- Add diced tomatoes and zucchini and stir. Season with remaining creole seasoning. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Divide up into bowls and top with a little more shredded parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 40g
Other recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT