Skinny Chicken Parmesan Meatballs – A low-carb, low-calorie delicious dinner recipe and served over roasted spaghetti squash!
Lately, I’m all about lean and green meals and amping up my protein. I’m loving this latest recipe for Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. I know you guys will love it too! It’s that perfect combination of a lean recipe that doesn’t really feel that way!
I served mine over roasted spaghetti squash, which I happen to love. I really feel like I’m eating pasta! To roast it, just cut squash in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and and season with salt and pepper. Roast cut sides down at 400 for about 40-45 minutes.
What do I need to make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs?
- ground chicken (You can use ground turkey or lean ground beef too).
- creole seasoning (Salt and Pepper work fine too)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flaks
- shredded parmesan
- shredded zucchini (This adds extra moisture to your meatballs).
- Rao’s Tomato Basil sauce (This sauce is lower in sugar than other jarred sauces).
- shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
What can I serve with these Skinny Chicken Parmesan Meatballs?
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3/4 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 cups Rao's Tomato Basil sauce
- 3 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken with seasonings and shredded parmesan.
- Form into 18 meatballs.
- To a large pot, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- Add Rao's sauce and reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for about 5 minutes. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- I like to serve this over roasted spaghetti squash.
Other Recipes you might like:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!