Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups – A healthy chicken dinner recipe that is low in calories and only 4 freestyle Weight Watchers points. It’s a delicious recipe to help you stay on track!
I’ve got another healthy recipe idea for you guys! And I’m all about a healthy recipe that still lets me get a good cheesy bite. I don’t feel like I’m sacrificing so much. These Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-ups make a great low calorie dinner with a salad or roasted vegetables. You can even pack a few in your lunch the next day too.
And if you haven’t used roasted red peppers in a recipe, you have got to try them! They bring so much flavor! I love them in this recipe and this healthy one too. The best part about this recipe is that is super low in calories for a dinner and won’t even break the points bank in weight watchers!
How to make Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups:
- Slice chicken length-wise to make 6 cutlets.
- Season chicken with Italian spice mixture.
- Top with roasted red peppers and shaved parmesan and roll them up.
- Place over seasoned tomato sauce. Top with crushed tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with cheese. Bake 10 more minutes and top with parsley.
Follow us on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers (jarred)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half length-wise making 6 thin cutlets.
- Mix salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Season all sides of chicken with the seasoning mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp basil, and 1/2 tsp oregano. Pour into bottom of 7 x 10 casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Assemble the chicken roll-ups by topping each with 1 tbsp shaved parmesan and 1 tbsp diced roasted red peppers. Roll up from large end first and place seam side down on the tomato sauce.
- Pour crushed tomatoes on top of all chicken roll ups.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and top with shredded Italian cheese and bake for 10 more minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 926mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
Looking for other healthy recipe options?
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
Made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit! Be sure to go heavy on the cheese on the top! The chicken was perfectly moist! We paired it with roasted asparagus and garlic noodles! So good!
The husband said it tasted like a mix of a healthy chicken parm and lasagna. He definitely wants it again!
Wanda Casteel says
I love this recipe. I have been practicing so I can serve it to company