Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups – A healthy chicken dinner recipe that is low in calories and only 4 freestyle Weight Watchers points. It’s a delicious recipe to help you stay on track!
I’ve got another healthy recipe idea for you guys! And I’m all about a healthy recipe that still lets me get a good cheesy bite. I don’t feel like I’m sacrificing so much. These Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-ups make a great low calorie dinner with a salad or roasted vegetables. You can even pack a few in your lunch the next day too.
And if you haven’t used roasted red peppers in a recipe, you have got to try them! They bring so much flavor! I love them in this recipe and this healthy one too. The best part about this recipe is that is super low in calories for a dinner and won’t even break the points bank in weight watchers!
How to make Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups:
- Slice chicken length-wise to make 6 cutlets.
- Season chicken with Italian spice mixture.
- Top with roasted red peppers and shaved parmesan and roll them up.
- Place over seasoned tomato sauce. Top with crushed tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with cheese. Bake 10 more minutes and top with parsley.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers (jarred)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half length-wise making 6 thin cutlets.
- Mix salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Season all sides of chicken with the seasoning mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp basil, and 1/2 tsp oregano. Pour into bottom of 7 x 10 casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Assemble the chicken roll-ups by topping each with 1 tbsp shaved parmesan and 1 tbsp diced roasted red peppers. Roll up from large end first and place seam side down on the tomato sauce.
- Pour crushed tomatoes on top of all chicken roll ups.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and top with shredded Italian cheese and bake for 10 more minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 926mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
Looking for other healthy recipe options?
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!