Frito Corn Salad – Perfect make-ahead side dish made with Chili Cheese Fritos!
If you are ever looking for a great dish to take somewhere, this is a good one! Everyone always loves it!
It is one of those good make-ahead dishes. It is always a winner with my family too because we all LOVE corn. My husband was not much of a corn-eater until he met us! He pretty much has to love it now. I’m still working on my oldest daughter. I know I just have to give it time:)
Frito Corn Salad
- 3 cans corn, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack mix)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 10 oz bag chili cheese Fritos
- To a large bowl, add corn, green onions, bell pepper, and shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, avocados, chili powder, and cumin. Add this to the corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix in Fritos right before serving.
* If making the night before, wait to mix in avocados and Fritos before serving. This way the avocados won't turn brown, and the Fritos will stay crisp.
I have been looking for this recipe for nearly two years!! I am so glad you have posted this! THANK YOU!!
Oh good! A friend of my mom’s made this and gave her the recipe. It’s a real crowd pleaser.
Can you provide specific make ahead instructions? Do I do everything night before, refrigerate and then just bring Fritos to gathering and then mix in before serving?
Hi Liz! I updated the recipe for you. If making the night before, I would wait and mix everything except the avocado and the Fritos. Put those in just before serving. Thanks for visiting!!