Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate – An old-fashioned hot chocolate recipe perfect for the holidays and so easy to make in the slow cooker!
I think we could all use a nice cup of this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate right about now. I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve never looked so forward to a holiday season. We all need a little joy and celebration after this year!
And this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is so perfect to bring about joy! Who wouldn’t be happy when they see a big crock pot full of this stuff and all the mix-ins!
There are a lot of versions of this online. This one is more of a traditional old-fashioned recipe with evaporated milk and cocoa powder. It’s the kind of homemade hot chocolate I remember as a child. It’s perfect when you want to add in all the fun toppings but don’t want it way too sweet.
Make a Fun Hot Chocolate Bar:
Have little bowls for fun mix-ins filled with:
- Crushed peppermint
- Peppermint sticks or candy canes
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Canned whipped cream
Love these recipes? Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- 2 12 oz. cans of evaporated milk
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Toppings: canned whipped cream, chocolate chips, marshmallows, crushed peppermint, peppermint sticks or candy canes
- Add evaporated milk and 2% milk to a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Pour milk into slow cooker. Stir in sugar, hot water, and cocoa powder.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve each with optional toppings: marshmallows, crushed peppermint, peppermint sticks, chocolate chips, whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Ninja Multi-Cooker with 4-in-1 Stove Top, Oven, Steam & Slow Cooker Options, 6-Quart Nonstick Pot, and Steaming/Roasting Rack (MC950ZSS), Stainless
Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker: Slow Cooker, Brown/Saute, Steamer
Elite Gourmet Glas Slow Cooker with Adjustable Temp, Entrees, Sauces, Stews & Dips, Dishwasher Safe Glass Lid & Crock, 6 Quart, Stainless Steel
Other Holiday Recipes You May Like:
- 3 Magic Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Crunch
- Cranberry Lemonade
- Cranberry Orange Loaf
- Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Holiday Snack Recipes
Follow on Instagram for More Recipes and Fun!!
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT