Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars – An easy cookie bar recipe made with the help of cake mix! They are perfect for the Fourth of July!
Using a cake mix for cookie recipes is one of my favorite shortcuts. These Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars use white cake mix and make a really festive treat for the Fourth of July. They are really fun for the kids to make too!
We made these last year and packaged them up for a few neighbors! I’m all about baking and then getting rid of it before I eat it all.
Tips for Making Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars:
- White cake mix works better for achieving the red and blue colors. You can use yellow cake mix if that is what you have on hand.
- You can use walnuts or macadamia nuts in the place of pecans.
- I only bake the white chocolate chips for 5 minutes, so they stay nice and white.
- This recipe makes 15 large cookie bars or 30 smaller ones.
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- Stir cake mix, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and oil until well blended.
- Divide batter in half. Place one half of batter into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and press down to fill the bottom.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Divide the remaining batter in half into two separate bowls. In one bowl, place several drops of blue food coloring and stir until desired blue color is reached. Repeat with red food coloring in other bowl with remaining batter.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of red and blue batter over the other batter in baking dish. Press down slightly once finished.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with white chocolate chips and bake 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool before cutting into bars.
Other great recipes for summer:
- Corn and Zucchini Casserole
- Cucumber Tomato, and Onion Salad
- Best Rice Dressing
- Pots De Creme
- Easy Summer Lunch Ideas
- Easy Summer Sangria
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!