Dainty, sweet cookies flavored with LorAnn Princess Emulsion are perfect for your little girl’s next party or a sweet baby girl shower.
So the other day I received some “happy mail!” A small box arrived at my doorstep directly from LorAnn Oils and Flavors. I couldn’t wait to get started baking with them. The wheels in my head immediately started turning trying to figure out what I wanted to create. I filled up a post-it note with ideas so quickly because these flavorings are just so fun!
I couldn’t wait to use the Princess Bakery Emulsion! It smells so good and I instantly knew I wanted to make something sweet and dainty. And what’s more dainty than a sand tart?
So what is a bakery emulsion you might ask? They are water-based alternatives to extracts which are alcohol-based. As a result, the flavors taste true and do not bake out. You use them in the same amounts as you would an extract.
Wouldn’t these be perfect for a little girl’s birthday party or a baby girl baby shower? You really must try them! They received great reviews from all my taste testers:)
LorAnn has other bakery emulsions and flavorings. They aren’t just for baking either! I can’t wait to use the Coconut Flavor and Pumpkin Spice Emulsion too.
So if you are wanting to know what else you can make, please check out the other blogs below the recipe to get some great ideas!!
*Note-LorAnn provided me with products, but all opinions are my own.
- ¼ cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 tsp LorAnn Princess Bakery Emulsion
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 270 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add emulsion and mix again.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Roll dough into approximately 1 inch balls. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle some flour on your hands.
- Place on cookie sheet and press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake at 270 for 38-40 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar.
Other great party and shower ideas: