These Ultimate Chicken Salad Pinwheels are not your average chicken salad wraps. They are filled with whipped cream cheese, shredded lettuce, and provolone cheese. They really are the ultimate chicken salad rollups!
I don’t know about you all, but I certainly don’t want to spend a great deal of time in the kitchen when I’m off of work for the summer. Luckily these are great little rollups to make ahead and keep in the fridge for when you are starved. I also love to make them for vacation each year. But one of my favorite uses for them is as an alternative to chicken salad sandwiches at a shower. They really are a hit and get eaten up very quickly. I first learned to make them from my friend’s mom. She made them for my friend’s baby shower, and they’ve become a recipe I’ll never forget.
First start off by spreading a large tortilla with whipped cream cheese.
Along one edge. layer the provolone cheese.
Top with shredded lettuce.
Top lettuce with chicken salad.
Finally, roll them up and place in fridge to chill before slicing.
Tips for making these Ultimate Chicken Salad Pinwheels:
- Use burrito size tortillas. You can even use whole wheat or low-carb. Those will just be smaller in size, so use less chicken salad, and you can make a few more rollups.
- I make some without lettuce since my kids can be picky about that. However, I love the lettuce on these!
- Use store-bought chicken salad if you’d like!
- Add a little white onion (about 1/8 of an onion) when processing chicken salad for a nice kick. You can also add sweet relish.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, seasoned and boiled
- 2 green onions
- 3 eggs, boiled
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4 tortillas (burrito size)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 12 slices provolone
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese.
- Roughly chop chicken and green onions.
- Add to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add in eggs, mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until combined. If too dry, add a little more mayo. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- To assemble: Spread about 1 tbsp whipped cream cheese on tortillas. Add 3 slices of provolone to the edge of the tortilla (see picture). Top with shredded lettuce and finally 3 -4 tbsp of chicken salad. Starting at one end, roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
- Cut into 1 inch sections using a serrated knife.
Add a little white onion (about 1/8 of an onion) when processing for a nice kick. You can also add sweet relish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other great foods for a shower:
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE. You can find ALL RECIPES HERE. For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER. Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!