Easy Enchilada Pasta – All the flavors of beef enchiladas but in pasta form! It’s a perfect 30 minute pasta recipe for busy week nights!
One of my favorite things to cook is a big pot of pasta and ground beef in some form or another. It just screams kid-friendly too. This Enchilada Pasta is no exception. It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner and a nice change up to our usual spaghetti night.
More reasons you should try this Enchilada Pasta:
- It’s great for using only 1 pound of ground beef.
- You can substitute ground turkey in the place of the beef.
- You can change up the cheese and use a spicy Pepper Jack.
- You can choose to use either mild or spicy red enchilada sauce.
- Don’t like penne pasta? Pick whatever kind of pasta you have on hand!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz. can cream of mushroom
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp green chiles
- ¾ lb. penne
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Bring water for pasta to a boil.
- Brown beef and onion. Season with creole seasoning.
- Once beef and onions are browned, add enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom, milk, and green chiles. Stir and let simmer on medium low covered for about 15 minutes.
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to meat sauce. Stir to combine and top with shredded cheese and green onions. Serve warm.
Want to make some other things with this recipe?
- Try this Cornbread Salad
- Or these Vidalia Onion Cornbread Muffins
- And this Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini Oven Fries
- Or top your salad with this great dressing: Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- Need some snacks first? Try this: Cilantro Dip
- Dessert? Try this one: Double Mocha Poke Cake
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!