Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas – Shrimp smothered in a homemade cheese sauce with Creole spices rolled into flour tortillas and baked.
I’m so excited to share this special dinner idea with you guys! These Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas are a special treat and would make a great dinner for company. The homemade cheese sauce is so delicious, and you will want to put it on everything from pasta, to pistolettes, and these shrimp enchiladas!
This is truly a recipe you will want to have on hand when you are in the mood to cook something decadent. And you know, it will be pretty easy if you are familiar with my recipes! I am the self-proclaimed queen of the easy recipe!
These Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas include one of my most-used ingredients in my kitchen, Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. I basically couldn’t survive without it, folks! It is the perfect Cajun seasoning that brings every dish up a few flavor notches!
Ingredients Needed to Make These Enchiladas:
- olive oil
- chopped onion
- chopped green bell pepper
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- minced garlic
- canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- chili powder
- all-purpose flour
- half and half
- processed block cheese
- shredded Colby Jack cheese
- flour tortillas
Hope you try it soon!
Connect with Diary of a Recipe Collector! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a recipe!
Email Subscription | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsb butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1.5 pounds shrimp (70/90 count)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 oz. processed block cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack
- 8 tortillas
- cilantro for topping
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Season with 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Saute for about 8 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Add minced garlic and diced tomatoes. Stir and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Season shrimp with 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and add to onion mixture.
- Add chili powder and cumin, stir, and cook for 3 or 4 more minutes.
- Add flour and stir cooking it for about a minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add half and half. Bring this to a simmer. Once simmering, add cheeses, stirring to melt. Remove from heat once melted.
- Lay a tortilla in a large casserole dish. Place cheesy shrimp filling onto the tortilla and roll up while in the dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas pressing them together to fit at least 7 or 8 tortillas. Top with about 1 cup of extra sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and can serve each with leftover sauce. *Leftover sauce is also great over pasta!
Other Cajun dishes you might like:
- One-Pot Sausage and Red Rice
- Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Popcorn Fried Shrimp
- Shrimp and Artichoke French Bread
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!
LEAVE A COMMENT