Basil Pesto Loaf – An EASY french bread side dish recipe packed with great flavor! It’s a must make for your next pasta night!
I always love sharing easy recipes with you guys. This Basil Pesto Loaf is no exception! I always have a little leftover basil pesto in the fridge after I make Basil Pesto Chicken Alfredo. This is a great way to use up the rest of it.
And since I’m all about bread, this is a perfect recipe for me! My favorite thing about this recipe is that it tastes like the bread and herb dip you get in a restaurant.
Tips for making a Basil Pesto Loaf:
- Buy a plain french bread loaf from your grocery store’s bakery section.
- Use a pre-shredded parmesan cheese, but not the stuff in the green can.
- Don’t have crushed red pepper flakes? Get them! We put them in several recipes like these Mini Meatloaf Pepper Rings and Pizza Sloppy Joes. They are a great addition to your spices!
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tbsp basil pesto
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bread in half length-wise.
- Spread each slide with softened butter.
- Spread each side with pesto.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn on broiler to high and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Watch carefully under broiler so that the cheese doesn't burn.
Other recipes you may like:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!