Basil Pesto Chicken Alfredo – An easy, delicious, and quick 30 minute chicken dinner recipe!
My kids love “white noodles,” and this Basil Pesto Chicken Alfredo is no exception. They can be picky at times, but I love that I can usually depend on a good pasta recipe to make sure they eat more than chicken nuggets and grilled cheese sandwiches. Because they would if I let them…
Basil pesto is a great shortcut ingredient to use. It’s packed with flavor, and I knew using it as a little marinade and putting it in the pasta would make a great dish! It’s a winner winner chicken dinner folks!
How to Make Basil Pesto Chicken Alfredo:
- Boil your water for the pasta.
- Coat chicken with seasoning and pesto.
- Grill the chicken using indoor or outdoor grill.
- Add noodles to boiling water.
- Begin alfredo sauce while chicken and pasta cook.
- Once noodles and sauce are cooked, toss them together, and top with sliced chicken.
Tips for Making Basil Pesto Alfredo:
- Use thin-cut chicken breasts for quicker cooking. If you have regular, just slice them horizontally using a good knife.
- Buy your favorite basil pesto. The one I use can be found with pasta sauces.
- Buy a quality pre-shredded parmesan cheese. I usually find mine in the refrigerated section.
Great recipes to serve with this pasta:
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- 4 thin-cut chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning, divided
- 4 tbsp basil pesto, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup good quality shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring water for pasta to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Place chicken in a plastic storage bag. Add 3/4 tsp creole seasoning and 3 tbsp pesto to the bag. Seal while letting out air. Toss chicken in bag to evenly coat with seasoning and pesto.
- Preheat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill. If using indoor, coat grill pan with a little olive oil. Grill chicken breasts about 7 to 9 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While chicken cooks, melt butter and olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high. Add garlic and cook about a minute. Add 1 tbsp of pesto, stir, and cook for about 30 seconds. Add flour, stir, and cook about 1 more minute. Add half and half and remaining 3/4 tsp creole seasoning. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add parmesan and simmer another 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce tossing to coat.
- Slice chicken and serve over pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
- Farberware 21982 Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Jumbo Cooker/Saute Pan with Helper Handle - 6 Quart, Red
- Paula Deen 16992 Riverbend Nonstick Chicken Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Side Handles - 12.5 Inch, Red
- Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Quart Covered Oval Pasta Pot with Pour Spout, Gray with Orange Handles
Other great recipes to try:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!