Hey everyone! Are you ready for a super busy week? Ready or not, here it comes. I thought I’d share a simple dip recipe you will love for your holiday gatherings. I made this for our candy exchange we had the other day. What’s a candy exchange, you ask? It’s a fun “white elephant style” family party we like to have with the kids and adults. Everyone wraps up some candy or candies, and we have a good time trying to steal our favorite candies from each other. The kids LOVE it so much! I know it will hold very special memories for our kiddos.
This dip came out so yummy. I used whole wheat tortillas for the chips. I simply baked them in the oven after spraying them with a little cooking spray and adding a sprinkle of salt. They come out nice and crisp and are a perfect compliment to this dip.
The dip itself is really easy to put together. I used a southwestern flavored pre-cooked/chopped grilled chicken I found in the meat section of my grocery store. You can certainly boil and dice up your own chicken, but I was in a hurry. You can also add less cheese than I did to make the recipe even lower in fat and calories.
- 2 cups cooked finely chopped chicken ( I used pre-cooked Southwestern grilled chicken)
- 4 oz cream cheese (low-fat is fine too)
- 3/4 cup salsa, divided
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese, shredded
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 package of whole wheat tortillas
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Stir in chicken, Pepperjack, juice of lime, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro.
- Spread mixture into a small casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa and spread it evenly over mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
- For the homemade chips: Cut tortillas into 8 wedges. Spread out onto sheet pan. Spray with a little cooking spray. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
King Ranch Chicken Dip