Skinny Cauliflower-Crusted Chicken -It’s an easy low-carb chicken parmesan recipe. It goes great with a green veggie or green salad. It’s perfect for meeting those protein and calorie goals!
I love sharing these low-carb skinny recipes with you guys! Helping you all meet your health goals makes my heart happy! This Skinny Cauliflower-Crusted Chicken is the perfect lean and green recipe to add to your meal plan!
I use my favorite cauliflower pizza crust recipe as the “breading” for this recipe. It’s full of flavor from the cheese and seasoning. Then I top it with my favorite Rao’s sauce! I love this stuff!
What ingredients do you need to make this Skinny Cauliflower-Crusted Chicken?
- thinly sliced chicken breasts
If you can’t find thinly sliced chicken, you can just slice the chicken horizontally into 2 thin breasts. Make sure your chicken breasts are even in thickness so that they bake up evenly.
- creole seasoning
You can use a seasoned salt too. My favorite creole seasoning is Tony Chachere’s.
- riced cauliflower
I buy the frozen bag of riced cauliflower. You can even get a garlic-herb one too. I just heat it in the bag in the microwave. Be careful because steam from bag will be hot.
- shredded parmesan
- shredded mozzarella
- dried Italian Seasoning
- Rao’s Tomato Basil Sauce
You can use fresh or dried parsley or just leave it out.
- See the full recipe below.
What I Love About This Recipe
- I love that this recipe packs a high protein punch. If you are trying to get a lot of protein a day, this recipe is a must make for you.
- It’s great for meal prep. Make it for dinner and prep it for lunches for your week.
- It goes great with green beans or a salad.
- 1.5 pounds thin-cut chicken breast*
- 1.5 tsp creole seasoning
- 10 oz. riced cauliflower
- 1 1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts into dish and season both sides with creole seasoning.
- Steam cauliflower in the package in the microwave for 5 minutes. Be careful removing bag from microwave as steam can escape. Pour this into a mixing bowl. Add parmesan, 1/3 cup mozzarella, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Top chicken breast with cauliflower mixture spreading to form a crust over the top.
- Bake in oven until chicken reaches 160 degrees or about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn on oven broiler. Top each chicken breast with tomato basil sauce and remaining shredded mozzarella. Place under broiler to melt cheese for about 3 to 5 minutes. Chicken should reach 165 degrees.
- Top with parsley and serve with a green vegetable or green salad.
*If you cannot find thin-cut chicken breast, cut them in half horizontally to make 2 thinner breasts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Cuisinart Baking Dis
Pyrex 13 x 9 Baking Dish
Baking Dish Ceramic Casserole Dish Bakeware Set Nonstick Lasagna Pan 2pcs Grey Baking Dishes for kitchen
ThermoPro TP-17 Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer Large LCD Backlight Food Grill Thermometer with Timer Mode for Smoker Kitchen Oven BBQ, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 1490mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g
Other Lean and Green Recipes You Might Enjoy
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE. You can find ALL RECIPES HERE. For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER. Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!