Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa – A super easy healthy recipe great for make ahead lunches and dinners filled with chicken sausage, veggies, and spices.
This Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa recipe has become one of my favorite things to make ahead for lunches. Seriously. I really love it! And what I really love is how simple it is to make!
Sheet pan meals really can’t get easier. Chop everything. Season. Roast everything and done! It even makes a great side dish as well! I like to make the quinoa in a rice cooker too making this one of those meals I can walk away from and go get other things done.
Tips for making Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa:
- Use your favorite chicken sausage. I used a smoked version made fresh in my grocery store. It’s filled with green onions and so amazingly flavorful!
- Use your favorite veggies. The possibilities are endless. I used my three favorite roasted veggies ever: broccoli, carrots, and brussels.
- The quinoa is totally optional, but I love the flavor and texture that it adds to the dish.
- Line your pan with foil for even easier clean up!
Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies over Quinoa - A super easy healthy recipe great for make ahead lunches and dinners filled with chicken sausage, veggies, and spices.
- 1 lb. smoked chicken sausage, sliced
- 2 cups chopped brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place sliced sausage and chopped broccoli, brussels, and carrots on a large sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to combine well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- While sausage and veggies bake, make quinoa by adding all ingredients to rice cooker. Stir and set rice cooker to cook. Stir with a fork once finished.
- Serve along side of sausage and veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other lighter recipes you may like:
- Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken over Quinoa
- Skinny Italian Chicken Roll-Ups
- Skinny Chicken Vegetable Soup
LEAVE A COMMENT