Roasted Veggie Pizza with Garlic Cream Sauce – Oven-roasted yellow squash, zucchini, cauliflower, and onion, three cheeses, and a delicious garlic cream sauce make this pizza out of this world good!
I got the idea for this Roasted Veggie Pizza at a wine tasting I went to with some friends. As soon as I took one bite, I knew I had to try to recreate it. I am happy to say that this is one of my new favorite pizzas!
It really is a great summer pizza and a great way to use up all those summer vegetables. Don’t be shy roasting all those vegetables. They cook down a lot. Have a meat lover in the house? Add some sausage or some bacon for a nice change. We just made this pizza and a more traditional one to go with it. But I really preferred this one! The sauce, folks, is just quite possibly addicting.
I use Pioneer Woman’s pizza crust recipe because it is one of the easiest ones I have tried to date, and it makes enough for two pizzas, which is perfect for our family.
Tips for Making Roasted Veggie Pizza with Garlic Cream Sauce:
- You can use a premade dough. Some grocery stores carry already made pizza dough. You can always buy the refrigerated canned pizza dough or the already made crust.
- My favorite pizza dough recipe is from Pioneer Woman.
- Make your pizza dough ahead of time.
- Add chopped cooked bacon or sausage for a delicious twist.
- Grill your pizzas for a fun summer dinner idea!
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup diced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup wine, beer, or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- pizza dough (store-bought, homemade, or canned)
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice (about 1/8 inch thick) squash, zucchini, and onion. Add to a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast veggies for 15 to 20 minutes. Once veggies are done, increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- While veggies roast, make the garlic cream sauce by melting butter and oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add wine (or beer or broth). Stir. Add milk slowly and stir. Add basil. Season to taste.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat and then remove from heat.
- Spread pizza dough onto pizza pan or stone. Prick with a fork all over. Spread sauce over dough. Top with roasted veggies and all three cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown at 450 degrees.
This pizza can also be cooked on a grill outside!
This pizza is so good, you won't miss the meat! However, you can always add chopped cooked bacon for a delicious twist!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.